Girls on the Run
How can running a 5K inspire and motivate girls to be healthy and confident?
Girls on the Run is a positive youth development program for girls in grades three through eight. The mission of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Certified coaches teach life skills through lessons and running games that inspire girls to become independent thinkers and make healthy decisions. The program has three focuses: girls understanding and getting to know themselves; valuing relationships and teamwork; and understanding how they connect with and shape the world at large.
At the end of each season, girls complete a 5K running event, giving them a sense of accomplishment and a framework for setting and achieving life goals. Girls on the Run is accepting applications for new sites and coaches for their Spring program. Learn more at girlsontherunutah.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the inspirational work of Girls on the Run as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023