People Helping People
How can Utahns help reduce the number of children living in poverty? People Helping People is an organization that helps families break the cycle of poverty for their children. Their goal is to teach women, primarily single mothers, how they can build better futures for themselves and their children by becoming, and remaining, successfully employed.
The group offers workshops and one-on-one mentoring to help clients create employment packets, identify jobs, prepare a resume, and receive interview coaching. Ongoing support is critical and designed to promote women within the workforce, develop leadership skills, and get ongoing education.
People Helping People’s unique employment approach helps women gain the knowledge and self-confidence necessary to compete for better jobs, advance in their careers, and become financially self-sufficient. When women earn enough to pay their bills, their housing situations stabilize, they can provide healthy meals, and gain access to healthcare for their families.
SelectHealth recognizes the economic impact of People Helping People as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito