Salt Lake Donated Dental Services
February is dental health month. A healthy smile shouldn’t be limited to those with financial means. For twenty five years, Salt Lake Donated Dental Services has helped to relieve pain and suffering while preserving the oral health of patients who have no other access to dental care.
Salt Lake Donated Dental Services provides cleanings, fillings, crowns, dentures and pediatric care from volunteer dentists and hygienists. Restoring teeth is more than looking good. It increases ones’ ability to eat nutritiously, find permanent employment and self-confidence, and decreases emergency room visits.
Consequences of poor oral health are severe and can be life threatening. The majority of dental diseases are preventable, yet despite recent public health efforts, dental and oral disease is still common, especially within low-income populations.
Salt Lake Donated Dental Services is a community funded organization, and depends on support from community health organizations, private foundations, and individuals.
SelectHealth recognizes the impactful work of Salt Lake Donated Dental Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Highland man dies in snowmobile accident in Wasatch County
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run