Needs Beyond Medicine
Cancer takes an enormous financial, emotional, and physical toll on individuals and their families. Needs Beyond Medicine is an organization in Salt Lake City working to decrease the burden that a cancer diagnosis brings, and to increase support for cancer survivors.
Their Relief Program gives financial assistance grants to cancer patients that can be used for non-medical expenses such as utilities, groceries, and transportation costs. These grants bring much-needed relief to those undergoing medical treatment throughout Utah.
Patients often must reduce work hours or stop working entirely while in treatment, significantly decreasing their income. The Relief Program is supported through community donations and grants, and is an invaluable resource to patients and their families.
Needs Beyond Medicine also offers community education on the importance of early detection and to raise awareness of all cancer types. All of the seminars are free and offer attendees additional resources for prevention.
SelectHealth recognizes the charitable grants provided by Needs Beyond Medicine as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered