Needs Beyond Medicine
Cancer takes an enormous financial, emotional, and physical toll on individuals and their families. Needs Beyond Medicine is an organization in Salt Lake City working to decrease the burden that a cancer diagnosis brings, and to increase support for cancer survivors.
Their Relief Program gives financial assistance grants to cancer patients that can be used for non-medical expenses such as utilities, groceries, and transportation costs. These grants bring much-needed relief to those undergoing medical treatment throughout Utah.
Patients often must reduce work hours or stop working entirely while in treatment, significantly decreasing their income. The Relief Program is supported through community donations and grants, and is an invaluable resource to patients and their families.
Needs Beyond Medicine also offers community education on the importance of early detection and to raise awareness of all cancer types. All of the seminars are free and offer attendees additional resources for prevention.
SelectHealth recognizes the charitable grants provided by Needs Beyond Medicine as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…