National Multiple Sclerosis Society
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is working toward a world free of MS. They support research for a cure and address the challenges of everyone affected by MS.
The local MS chapter provides education on living with the disease as well as support for caregivers. They are also funding research to find new treatments and a cure. By combining their limited resources with those of other groups, they have been able to furnish medical equipment, remodel homes to improve access, and take care of other needs for those with MS.
The MS Society holds annual walks and a bike ride to connect people living with MS and those who care about them. The events bring people together to celebrate the progress made and to show the power of those connections. Funds raised give hope to the more than 4,800 (or 1 in 300) people living with MS in our community. Join in their first walk on April 25th.
SelectHealth recognizes the diligent assistance provided by the MS Society as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- UPDATE: Police say no bomb found after threat and evacuation at East High School
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Mostly mountain snow expected this weekend through next week
- Two-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 creates heavy delays