Girl Scouts of Utah
You may have just purchased your annual treat of Girl Scout cookies. But many may not know about the Girl Scout organization. Some think Girl Scouts are only about cookies, camp, and crafts. But it is much more. Girl Scouts has a rich history of empowering girls to help improve their communities, and gain leadership and financial literacy skills.
Since 1912, Girl Scout troops throughout the country have participated in community service projects addressing issues such as improving the environment, serving senior citizens, or caring for animals.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place. Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, and Gold Award projects are designed to elevate traditional Girl Scout community service from meeting an immediate need, to projects that make change happen. Girls identify a cause they feel passionate about, and with advocacy and action, they make a change.
SelectHealth recognizes the leadership experiences provided by Girl Scouts of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient