Girl Scouts of Utah
You may have just purchased your annual treat of Girl Scout cookies. But many may not know about the Girl Scout organization. Some think Girl Scouts are only about cookies, camp, and crafts. But it is much more. Girl Scouts has a rich history of empowering girls to help improve their communities, and gain leadership and financial literacy skills.
Since 1912, Girl Scout troops throughout the country have participated in community service projects addressing issues such as improving the environment, serving senior citizens, or caring for animals.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place. Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, and Gold Award projects are designed to elevate traditional Girl Scout community service from meeting an immediate need, to projects that make change happen. Girls identify a cause they feel passionate about, and with advocacy and action, they make a change.
SelectHealth recognizes the leadership experiences provided by Girl Scouts of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral