How can we promote independence, inclusion, and acceptance in communities for people with disabilities? EnableUtah is an organization in Ogden that creates and enhances opportunities to gain independence for adults and children with disabilities.
Through many specialized training programs, EnableUtah teaches employment skills, job searching, interview techniques, and provides access to community resources. They provide Supported Employment Services to teach how to obtain and maintain a job. They also develop relationships with employers and are able to put individuals in jobs that are completely integrated with non-disabled workers.
EnableUtah’s Day Training program contracts with local businesses to teach and train individuals in a controlled work environment, all while earning a paycheck.
Finally, their Enrichment Program helps developmentally disabled individuals live as independently as possible. They learn social and daily living skills to ensure they reside successfully in their community and overcome everyday obstacles when living on their own.
SelectHealth recognizes the meaningful opportunities provided by EnableUtah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting