South Franklin Community Center
The South Franklin Community Center in Provo unites neighborhood residents by providing opportunities that promote education and health. The center provides children access to safe and affordable activities.
Daily tutoring is provided to elementary school children, and those who consistently attend see significant improvements in academic performance over the course of the school year. There is also an onsite Boys & Girls Club offering after school activities.
The community center offers a summer day camp for children ages 5 to 13. Camp activities include crafts, sports, cultural events, field trips, and fun educational programs designed to help students stay sharp and ready for school. The South Franklin Soccer League offers children the chance to participate in an organized sport. This year’s soccer season will begin on August 15th.
All of their programs bring families together so they can create new friendships. By encouraging healthy living, they are helping to transform this neighborhood into a vibrant and safe community.
SelectHealth recognizes the significant impact from the South Franklin Community Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street