South Franklin Community Center
The South Franklin Community Center in Provo unites neighborhood residents by providing opportunities that promote education and health. The center provides children access to safe and affordable activities.
Daily tutoring is provided to elementary school children, and those who consistently attend see significant improvements in academic performance over the course of the school year. There is also an onsite Boys & Girls Club offering after school activities.
The community center offers a summer day camp for children ages 5 to 13. Camp activities include crafts, sports, cultural events, field trips, and fun educational programs designed to help students stay sharp and ready for school. The South Franklin Soccer League offers children the chance to participate in an organized sport. This year’s soccer season will begin on August 15th.
All of their programs bring families together so they can create new friendships. By encouraging healthy living, they are helping to transform this neighborhood into a vibrant and safe community.
SelectHealth recognizes the significant impact from the South Franklin Community Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- East Idaho schools closed during sick spell
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Update: Evacuations LIFTED for Battle Creek 2 fire in Pleasant Grove
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting