South Valley Services
A strong support system and choice are vital for someone in an abusive relationship. It is through options that individuals are empowered to choose their response to violence. South Valley Services is transforming communities by empowering individuals and families to live free from violence. The organization provides free crisis shelter and supportive services to anyone impacted by family violence.
South Valley Services has recently opened Resource Centers in the City Halls in both West Jordan and Riverton. The centers act as the resource and referral hub for first responders, clergy, and community support agencies. Seminars are offered to schools, churches, and organizations to educate and stop family violence. Collaborative efforts will assess individual and community needs and form a coordinated response to future cases. The services available include individual case management and advocacy support, mental health therapy, and referrals for critical needs.
South Valley Services strives to eliminate domestic violence by providing options to women, men and children through shelter, advocacy, and prevention.
SelectHealth recognizes the important community role of South Valley Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested