South Valley Services
A strong support system and choice are vital for someone in an abusive relationship. It is through options that individuals are empowered to choose their response to violence. South Valley Services is transforming communities by empowering individuals and families to live free from violence. The organization provides free crisis shelter and supportive services to anyone impacted by family violence.
South Valley Services has recently opened Resource Centers in the City Halls in both West Jordan and Riverton. The centers act as the resource and referral hub for first responders, clergy, and community support agencies. Seminars are offered to schools, churches, and organizations to educate and stop family violence. Collaborative efforts will assess individual and community needs and form a coordinated response to future cases. The services available include individual case management and advocacy support, mental health therapy, and referrals for critical needs.
South Valley Services strives to eliminate domestic violence by providing options to women, men and children through shelter, advocacy, and prevention.
SelectHealth recognizes the important community role of South Valley Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges