United Angels Foundation
United Angels Foundation is an organization that focuses on helping parents and families adjust to the birth of a child with special needs or disabilities. The Foundation was formed in 2008 by parents who have a child with Down Syndrome. They wanted to help by providing parents with the opportunity to meet others who have a child with the same or similar diagnosis. Parents know the benefits of sharing knowledge across these different spectrums and help each other through their journeys.
United Angels Foundation supports parents and families of children with ALL disabilities and special needs through three main areas: interaction, education, and resources. Examples of these include: newborn visits, parent lunches, online chat forums, family activities, and education seminars.
Creating a collaborative and inclusive environment will help to promote the healthy development of each child. Parent- to-parent support can be the key to understanding and embracing the opportunities and challenges a child with special needs brings into their lives.
SelectHealth recognizes the specialized support provided by United Angels Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished