Common Ground Outdoor Adventures
The mission of Common Ground Outdoor Adventures in Logan is to provide outdoor recreational opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities. They enhance lives through quality outdoor recreation by removing many of the physical, social, and financial barriers faced by those with disabilities.
Healthy lifestyles and exercise are proven measures to curb specific health problems such as obesity. Parents and families at Common Ground Outdoor Adventures learn to play together and develop a recreational leisure lifestyle.
Children with disabilities often don’t have access to adaptive equipment and support needed to participate in outdoor recreational activities. Adaptive equipment is expensive, and parents are burdened with doctor visits and other expenses associated with raising a child with special needs. Riding a bike is something ALL kids should have access to. Common Ground’s Strider Camp teaches children with balance problems to ride a bike with their peers. Without these programs, many children would be at home all day watching television.
SelectHealth recognizes the amazing experiences provided by Common Ground Outdoor Adventures as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges