The Learning Center for Families
For more than twenty two years The Learning Center for Families has provided family support services to pregnant women, infants, and toddlers in Washington County and surrounding areas. Families receive weekly home visits and on-site services that focus on the health and development of children while helping their families with self-sufficiency goals.
The organization recognizes that the child’s earliest years, from prenatal up to three years of age, are a crucial time for encouraging healthy life-long outcomes. Services are offered to families with vulnerable children facing problems such as poor health, poverty, developmental complications and less than optimal home environments.
Families facing the difficulties of raising a young child with developmental delays need help in navigating these new challenges. They need resources and support to assist them in maximizing their child’s development. This organization is there to help provide assistance to make this process smoother and to help alleviate some of the challenges families face.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by The Learning Center for Families as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Suspect taken into custody after firing shots in Kearns
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash