Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services
Aging is a part of life. Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services is committed to helping make that process an exceptional one. They provide numerous services and promote healthy living and education.
The Active Aging Program provides many classes and workshops at sixteen senior center locations that educate older adults on the importance of staying healthy while maintaining overall wellness and physical activity.
The organization offers a great service called MealsPlus which provides fresh, locally grown produce to homebound seniors. These recipients are often unable to access fresh produce due to transportation and financial limitations. These meals are critical to helping seniors live independently in their own homes. In addition they offer a transportation program to assist seniors who have no other means of getting around.
Other programs include caregiver support, education, and a variety of volunteer programs. The organization provides valuable help to the seniors throughout Salt Lake County.
SelectHealth recognizes the caring assistance provided by Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Officials warn of additional cases of avian influenza