Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services
Aging is a part of life. Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services is committed to helping make that process an exceptional one. They provide numerous services and promote healthy living and education.
The Active Aging Program provides many classes and workshops at sixteen senior center locations that educate older adults on the importance of staying healthy while maintaining overall wellness and physical activity.
The organization offers a great service called MealsPlus which provides fresh, locally grown produce to homebound seniors. These recipients are often unable to access fresh produce due to transportation and financial limitations. These meals are critical to helping seniors live independently in their own homes. In addition they offer a transportation program to assist seniors who have no other means of getting around.
Other programs include caregiver support, education, and a variety of volunteer programs. The organization provides valuable help to the seniors throughout Salt Lake County.
SelectHealth recognizes the caring assistance provided by Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers