Community Action Services and Food Bank
Since 1967 Community Action Services and Food Bank has supported people in Provo and the surrounding communities. The organization provides long-term solutions needed to help people rebuild their financial and social self-sufficiency, enabling them to break out of poverty.
Services include housing assistance, employment, a family development program and backpacks for elementary students that provide food for low income kids and their families. Also, a unique program called Circles is offered where participants are taught life skills including self-reliance, financial principals and problem solving. Program participants are paired with mentors to develop friendships and networks that increase their abilities to succeed.
The organization changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves our communities, and makes Utah a better place to live. The agency cares about the entire community and is dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other. The focus is on fostering self-reliance in individuals, families, and communities.
SelectHealth recognizes the vital role offered by Community Action Services and Food Bank as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Time Out on the Field