Low Vision Rehabilitation Services
Low Vision Rehabilitation Services was established to help people with vision loss read, write, and do other tasks that are difficult because of their eye condition.
They provide evaluations, clinics, training, support, and follow-up eye care. To help those with low vison, assistive reading devices such as hand held magnifiers, glasses, and loupes are available for those in need. Many new products and devices are available such as modern desktop video magnifiers and LED stand magnifiers. The organization works in conjunction with ophthalmologists and optometrists in eleven doctor’s offices. Services are offered to visually impaired persons of all ages and have locations throughout Utah from Logan to St. George.
The primary goal of the organization is to help people with vision loss remain independent, to assist them with the challenges and struggles they face, and to give them help and hope. Nearly six hundred and fifty people are helped every year by this organization.
SelectHealth recognizes the essential service offered by Low Vision Rehabilitation Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map