Low Vision Rehabilitation Services
Low Vision Rehabilitation Services was established to help people with vision loss read, write, and do other tasks that are difficult because of their eye condition.
They provide evaluations, clinics, training, support, and follow-up eye care. To help those with low vison, assistive reading devices such as hand held magnifiers, glasses, and loupes are available for those in need. Many new products and devices are available such as modern desktop video magnifiers and LED stand magnifiers. The organization works in conjunction with ophthalmologists and optometrists in eleven doctor’s offices. Services are offered to visually impaired persons of all ages and have locations throughout Utah from Logan to St. George.
The primary goal of the organization is to help people with vision loss remain independent, to assist them with the challenges and struggles they face, and to give them help and hope. Nearly six hundred and fifty people are helped every year by this organization.
SelectHealth recognizes the essential service offered by Low Vision Rehabilitation Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Demolition begins at the old Utah State Prison in Draper