Many students in our schools are struggling and live without basic necessities like food, clothing, and shelter. Kids Cause is an organization in Utah County that provides emergency needs such as hearing aids, eye glasses, dental work, clothing, shoes, and schools supplies.
They are working to help build a better community by helping children who live in our neighborhoods succeed in school. They help teachers educate children by eliminating some of the distractions that can cause a child to lose focus in the classroom.
The program gets their referrals from teachers and administrators. A Kids Cause coordinator works with the principal, staff, and parents to identify student needs. Dentists and doctors then provide needed services to children at a minimal cost. Their program assures that a child has the tools and resources needed to foster their ability to learn. They truly believe that a child’s lack of basic needs should never stand in the way of their educational success.
SelectHealth recognizes the student assistance provided by Kids Cause as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…
- Stay Home
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- The peak of the Geminid meteor shower is tonight