Kids On The Move
Kids On The Move provides services throughout Utah to children with special needs and assists families. Their Autism Center provides applied behavior analysis therapy, which has been shown to be the most effective therapy for children on the spectrum. Young children with autism can achieve a positive outcome if they receive treatment early in their lives. These children often have difficulty with feeding and sleeping.
Sleep problems are very common, reportedly as high as 80% in children with autism. Children with autism demonstrate that poor sleepers exhibit more problematic behavior. Also, many children who have autism experience anxiety as mealtime approaches. Underlying reasons can include sensory aversion and fear of unfamiliar foods.
For many families of children with autism, sleep and feeding issues can be overwhelming. Moreover, childhood sleep disturbances and food stress may widely impact children’s health. Through Kids On The Move’s Expert Feeding and Sleeping Training, participants learn about those disorders, there causes, appropriate assessment, and techniques on how to treat them.
SelectHealth recognizes the comprehensive services from Kids On The Move as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Bill introduced to keep teacher salary increases on pace with inflation
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting