The mission of Centro Hispano in Utah County is to empower Hispanics to have equal access to information and resources needed to strengthen individuals, families, and communities through education and skill building activities. They offer bilingual services such as walk-in consultations for information and referrals, legal assessments, low-income tax payer assistance, translation and interpretation.
Centro Hispano offers a wide variety of health related services to reduce disparities within the community and empower individuals and families to live healthier lives. Their goal is to enable people to make healthy decisions by providing them with the knowledge and motivation they need. They also provide health screenings and Zumba classes.
Centro Hispano provides educational classes to community members free of charge. They also host annual community events that promote cross-cultural understanding, and some of their services also serve at-risk low-income people of the entire community.
SelectHealth recognizes the community connections provided by Centro Hispano as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…
- Hill Air Force Base’s Air and Space show bringing STEM to kids
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case