UTAH GIVES BACK
The mission of Centro Hispano in Utah County is to empower Hispanics to have equal access to information and resources needed to strengthen individuals, families, and communities through education and skill building activities. They offer bilingual services such as walk-in consultations for information and referrals, legal assessments, low-income tax payer assistance, translation and interpretation.
Centro Hispano offers a wide variety of health related services to reduce disparities within the community and empower individuals and families to live healthier lives. Their goal is to enable people to make healthy decisions by providing them with the knowledge and motivation they need. They also provide health screenings and Zumba classes.
Centro Hispano provides educational classes to community members free of charge. They also host annual community events that promote cross-cultural understanding, and some of their services also serve at-risk low-income people of the entire community.
SelectHealth recognizes the community connections provided by Centro Hispano as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash