The mission of Centro Hispano in Utah County is to empower Hispanics to have equal access to information and resources needed to strengthen individuals, families, and communities through education and skill building activities. They offer bilingual services such as walk-in consultations for information and referrals, legal assessments, low-income tax payer assistance, translation and interpretation.
Centro Hispano offers a wide variety of health related services to reduce disparities within the community and empower individuals and families to live healthier lives. Their goal is to enable people to make healthy decisions by providing them with the knowledge and motivation they need. They also provide health screenings and Zumba classes.
Centro Hispano provides educational classes to community members free of charge. They also host annual community events that promote cross-cultural understanding, and some of their services also serve at-risk low-income people of the entire community.
SelectHealth recognizes the community connections provided by Centro Hispano as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces