Salt Lake Community Action Program
Salt Lake Community Action Program addresses many factors affecting an individual’s ability to rise out of poverty, including housing, adult education and employment, utilities expenses, food insecurity, and early education. The program works with the surrounding community and other organizations to create effective solutions for those most in need.
Their housing department assists families, seniors, and disabled individuals in obtaining and maintaining safe and affordable housing. They also have heat and weatherization programs to assist low-income households in managing utility costs by providing assistance, energy efficient appliances, and education.
Salt Lake Community Action Program helps adults in obtaining an education as well as runs the largest Head Start program, which provides a holistic preschool program to children who otherwise would not have the opportunity to be prepared for kindergarten.
The organization is working to empower individuals, strengthen families, and build communities through self-sufficiency and education programs.
SelectHealth recognizes the valuable solutions provided by Salt Lake Community Action Program as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient