Salt Lake Community Action Program
Salt Lake Community Action Program addresses many factors affecting an individual’s ability to rise out of poverty, including housing, adult education and employment, utilities expenses, food insecurity, and early education. The program works with the surrounding community and other organizations to create effective solutions for those most in need.
Their housing department assists families, seniors, and disabled individuals in obtaining and maintaining safe and affordable housing. They also have heat and weatherization programs to assist low-income households in managing utility costs by providing assistance, energy efficient appliances, and education.
Salt Lake Community Action Program helps adults in obtaining an education as well as runs the largest Head Start program, which provides a holistic preschool program to children who otherwise would not have the opportunity to be prepared for kindergarten.
The organization is working to empower individuals, strengthen families, and build communities through self-sufficiency and education programs.
SelectHealth recognizes the valuable solutions provided by Salt Lake Community Action Program as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?