Kane County Children’s Justice Center
This past summer, a new Children’s Justice Center that provides a safe and comfortable environment for interviewing child victims and their families was opened in Kanab. The new homelike center is a place for children and families who are experiencing the crisis and chaos that comes with the disclosure of physical or sexual abuse of a child.
The center is designed to help children feel safe and comfortable so that they may begin to deal with the difficult and often frightening issues that surround abuse. This facility is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement and children’s services to interview children and provide services to victims and their families.
The Kane County Children’s Justice Center offers education about child abuse such as reporting, preventing, and surviving. The information that is provided aids families with knowing what to expect in their circumstance and informs them about where they can go for help. Visit their Facebook page Kanecountycjc to learn more.
SelectHealth recognizes the invaluable assistance from the Kane County Children’s Justice Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Utah Food Bank serving more first-time users during pandemic uncertainty
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- Weather advisory, flash flood warnings issued for parts of northern Utah
- Police say two men found dead in Sandy died by suicide