Kane County Children’s Justice Center
This past summer, a new Children’s Justice Center that provides a safe and comfortable environment for interviewing child victims and their families was opened in Kanab. The new homelike center is a place for children and families who are experiencing the crisis and chaos that comes with the disclosure of physical or sexual abuse of a child.
The center is designed to help children feel safe and comfortable so that they may begin to deal with the difficult and often frightening issues that surround abuse. This facility is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement and children’s services to interview children and provide services to victims and their families.
The Kane County Children’s Justice Center offers education about child abuse such as reporting, preventing, and surviving. The information that is provided aids families with knowing what to expect in their circumstance and informs them about where they can go for help. Visit their Facebook page Kanecountycjc to learn more.
SelectHealth recognizes the invaluable assistance from the Kane County Children’s Justice Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers