The Children’s Center
The Children’s Center provides comprehensive mental health care to enhance the emotional well-being of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and their families. One out of 47 Utah children have been identified as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder, the highest rate in the country. They offer an innovative group treatment for parents and children called PLAY 2 Learn. It gives parents the skills to help their children successfully interact with others and helps children develop social, emotional, and language skills necessary for learning.
The Children’s Center’s Therapeutic Preschool Program is for children ages 2 to 5 struggling with emotional and behavioral problems. These kinds of problems can affect how they learn and grow. Children receive treatment for three hours each day and learn how to communicate feelings; gain control over their emotions; learn to play successfully with others; and learn to follow rules.
Their locations in Salt Lake City and Kearns also offer testing and assessments; child and family therapy; and trauma treatment.
SelectHealth recognizes the therapeutic services provided by The Children’s Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City