Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation
Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation is an organization in Ogden dedicated to empowering youth through partnering education, creativity, and character development. They establish self-empowerment and value in youth to develop their skills through creative and artistic expression.
Their programs include photography, sculpting, journalism, painting, and music. Last year, they also began a gardening program to teach youth the health and monetary benefits of growing their own food. The students also canned salsa and hot sauce, which they sold at the Ogden Farmer’s Market. This year they plan to have six garden plots.
The core of Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation addresses the healthy mindset towards one’s self and others. Through the partnering of innovation and education, they use their original programs to enhance a young person’s creativity while teaching them how their knowledge applies academically. After completing one or more programs, participants will have gained marketable skills that are immediately applicable, both educationally and personally.
SelectHealth recognizes the innovative programming provided by Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort