Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation
Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation is an organization in Ogden dedicated to empowering youth through partnering education, creativity, and character development. They establish self-empowerment and value in youth to develop their skills through creative and artistic expression.
Their programs include photography, sculpting, journalism, painting, and music. Last year, they also began a gardening program to teach youth the health and monetary benefits of growing their own food. The students also canned salsa and hot sauce, which they sold at the Ogden Farmer’s Market. This year they plan to have six garden plots.
The core of Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation addresses the healthy mindset towards one’s self and others. Through the partnering of innovation and education, they use their original programs to enhance a young person’s creativity while teaching them how their knowledge applies academically. After completing one or more programs, participants will have gained marketable skills that are immediately applicable, both educationally and personally.
SelectHealth recognizes the innovative programming provided by Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responding to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…