Green River PACT
Striving to build a stronger and healthier Green River community, the Positive Action Community Team, or PACT, provides support with four different programs for local residents. Pyramid Youth Programs provides elementary-age activities for kids during out-of-school time, combining academic and enrichment programming to develop well-rounded children. Their Thrift Store prevents waste through reuse and offers low cost goods to the Green River community. Oasis Food Programs operates a food pantry four days per week, teaches youth about healthy lifestyle choices through cooking and gardening, runs a community garden, and delivers hot meals to seniors. Lastly, they help families by providing affordable housing options in Green River.
As PACT’s programs have expanded, its mission has remained the same: to pool resources and use community strengths to create a healthier and stronger Green River. They believe all residents deserve access to resources that help sustain basic human needs and enhance quality of life.
SelectHealth recognizes the local solutions provided by the Green River PACT as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints