Green River PACT
Striving to build a stronger and healthier Green River community, the Positive Action Community Team, or PACT, provides support with four different programs for local residents. Pyramid Youth Programs provides elementary-age activities for kids during out-of-school time, combining academic and enrichment programming to develop well-rounded children. Their Thrift Store prevents waste through reuse and offers low cost goods to the Green River community. Oasis Food Programs operates a food pantry four days per week, teaches youth about healthy lifestyle choices through cooking and gardening, runs a community garden, and delivers hot meals to seniors. Lastly, they help families by providing affordable housing options in Green River.
As PACT’s programs have expanded, its mission has remained the same: to pool resources and use community strengths to create a healthier and stronger Green River. They believe all residents deserve access to resources that help sustain basic human needs and enhance quality of life.
SelectHealth recognizes the local solutions provided by the Green River PACT as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Family loses everything to motorhome explosion
- More than 700 flights canceled Sunday
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state
- COLD: Dave Cawley’s theory behind the death of Susan Cox Powell