Bear-O Care is an organization that provides a unique approach to caring for individuals with multiple disabilities. By including and collaborating with families, caregivers, and educators, they provide a safe, supportive, environment that maintains and builds upon the abilities and communication methods used by each individual. They believe everyone can accomplish their own level of independence and strive to help them achieve that.
Bear-O Care offers a day program for adults with multiple disabilities that may not be accepted at typical adult care centers. They provide structure for them as well as community activities. They also offer respite care for families of those with disabilities and their siblings so that parents can get a meaningful break, providing them with mental, physical, and emotional strength they need to care for their children.
By establishing relationships with local universities, Bear-O Care is committed to creating future educators and caregivers by involving students, trainees, interns, and volunteers in the day to day care of this population.
SelectHealth recognizes the dedicated attention provided by Bear-O Care as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Parents pushing back on ongoing mask requirement in Utah schools
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- President Dallin H. Oaks rededicates the Mesa Arizona Temple