Senior Charity Care Foundation
Senior Charity Care Foundation’s mobile dental clinics provide access to affordable dental care for uninsured, low-income seniors that reside in care facilities or senior apartments along the Wasatch Front.
They bring licensed dentists and hygienists to the locations where care is needed. In a one-hour time span, a dentist and assistant will x-ray, examine, develop a treatment plan, clean, and fill up to three cavities or do three extractions. While the senior is being treated, they are provided with education about optimal oral health practices.
Thousands of seniors in Utah are living in preventable pain. Given that Medicare and Medicaid may not cover dental care, many are going without basic dental care and regular oral health checkups. As a result, these seniors are going to the Emergency Room to address health problems that can be solved through routine, preventative care. These mobile dental clinics remove two of the primary obstacles to receiving dental care: cost and accessibility.
SelectHealth recognizes the essential assistance provided by the Senior Charity Care Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured