Senior Charity Care Foundation
Senior Charity Care Foundation’s mobile dental clinics provide access to affordable dental care for uninsured, low-income seniors that reside in care facilities or senior apartments along the Wasatch Front.
They bring licensed dentists and hygienists to the locations where care is needed. In a one-hour time span, a dentist and assistant will x-ray, examine, develop a treatment plan, clean, and fill up to three cavities or do three extractions. While the senior is being treated, they are provided with education about optimal oral health practices.
Thousands of seniors in Utah are living in preventable pain. Given that Medicare and Medicaid may not cover dental care, many are going without basic dental care and regular oral health checkups. As a result, these seniors are going to the Emergency Room to address health problems that can be solved through routine, preventative care. These mobile dental clinics remove two of the primary obstacles to receiving dental care: cost and accessibility.
SelectHealth recognizes the essential assistance provided by the Senior Charity Care Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges