Family Support and Treatment Center
The effects of abuse and trauma can be devastating and long lasting to those who have been victimized, but children and adults who participate in therapy report a general improvement in overall health and decrease in risky behaviors.
The Family Support and Treatment Center in Orem provides therapeutic treatment services to children and their families who have suffered from child abuse or other traumatic experiences. Therapeutic intervention provides an opportunity for victims to resolve the issues associated with the trauma in a way that is tailored specifically to their needs, strengths, and challenges.
They specialize in play therapy, sand tray therapy, group, and art therapy to facilitate the healing process. Without the opportunity to use experiential methods when healing, the trauma remains “stuck” in the brain’s right hemisphere, and is much more difficult for healing to occur. The Center also offers a crisis respite nursery as well as other prevention services and education programs.
SelectHealth recognizes the hope and healing provided by the Family Support and Treatment Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft