The Family Support Center of Southwestern Utah
The Family Support Center of Southwestern Utah works to strengthen families, protect children, and promote healthy relationships through educational support, respite care, home visitation services, crisis intervention, and community collaboration. In the rural location where they offer services, they are often the only option for parents to receive the help they need. They have been a vital piece of ending child abuse in this community for over 20 years.
The experienced staff makes every child who comes through their doors feel welcome and safe, providing the compassionate environment they need to thrive in. The Center works with parents to ensure they have the tools necessary to create a successful family. Their respite care program helps parents by providing supervision and creative fun to children while getting a much needed break.
With a goal to stop violence before it begins, the Center ensures the physical and mental health of children today and children to come.
SelectHealth recognizes the prevention programs provided by the Family Support Center of Southwestern Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man