Wasatch County Health Department
The Wasatch County Health Department offers dental services to low income and uninsured residents. They are able to provide this unique service because they have several local dentists that generously volunteer their time and expertise to help those in need.
There is a relationship between dental health and overall health. Gum disease is linked to illnesses including heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Wasatch County Health Department is the only location in the county that offers low cost dental care. Many uninsured residents don’t have reliable transportation to Salt Lake or Utah County, and without this dental program they wouldn’t have access to affordable dental care.
High cost is a major factor preventing many people from getting regular dental checkups. Because these dentists volunteer their time, checkups, cleaning, and basic care can be provided at a low cost.
SelectHealth recognizes the vital resource provided by the Wasatch County Health Department as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Mr. Werner Schoeck – Granite High School