Wasatch County Health Department
The Wasatch County Health Department offers dental services to low income and uninsured residents. They are able to provide this unique service because they have several local dentists that generously volunteer their time and expertise to help those in need.
There is a relationship between dental health and overall health. Gum disease is linked to illnesses including heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Wasatch County Health Department is the only location in the county that offers low cost dental care. Many uninsured residents don’t have reliable transportation to Salt Lake or Utah County, and without this dental program they wouldn’t have access to affordable dental care.
High cost is a major factor preventing many people from getting regular dental checkups. Because these dentists volunteer their time, checkups, cleaning, and basic care can be provided at a low cost.
SelectHealth recognizes the vital resource provided by the Wasatch County Health Department as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- OPINION – We need to stop blaming the victims of dog attacks