The Family Place
Strengthening families and protecting children is at the core of what The Family Place does each day. The organization was established in 1982 by a group of caring community members that wanted to address child abuse in our area. They have a mission to protect children and strengthen families.
For over 30 years, they have been resolute in their commitment to protect children from abuse and neglect; to provide parents with information, resources and support; and to facilitate the healing process for victims of abuse and trauma.
The Family Place serves the Northern Utah area and operates out of facilities located in Hyrum, Smithfield, and Logan. They now also serve Franklin and Rich counties. The services they provide include therapy, educational classes and workshops, emergency and scheduled child care in their Kid’s Place, and trauma treatment services. Last year, they served more than 30,000 individuals and remain committed to making a difference for children and families in Utah. Visit thefamilyplaceutah.org for more information.
SelectHealth recognizes the strengthening services provided by The Family Place as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…