AF Canyon Run
Each year in Utah, more than 8,000 people are diagnosed with some type of cancer. The AF Canyon Run Against Cancer is a race festival in American Fork with a singular mission to raise money to help patients in our community who are fighting cancer. Intermountain Healthcare Cancer Centers, in partnership with the Intermountain Foundation, Utah Valley, host this annual event and donate 100 percent of the race fees and donations to this cause.
They encourage runners to race in honor of loved ones who have fought, or are fighting the battle against cancer. Races will be held on Saturday, June 24th. The signature half marathon will take place in beautiful American Fork Canyon. Other events include a 10K, 5K, and a Kids Run, held at the Art Dye Park. Visit www.afcanyonrun.com to register.
Raising awareness about cancer screening and treatment options will save lives. Protect your health through getting a screening exam. Early detection is the key to a long and healthy life.
SelectHealth recognizes the community support from Intermountain Cancer Centers as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered