AF Canyon Run
Each year in Utah, more than 8,000 people are diagnosed with some type of cancer. The AF Canyon Run Against Cancer is a race festival in American Fork with a singular mission to raise money to help patients in our community who are fighting cancer. Intermountain Healthcare Cancer Centers, in partnership with the Intermountain Foundation, Utah Valley, host this annual event and donate 100 percent of the race fees and donations to this cause.
They encourage runners to race in honor of loved ones who have fought, or are fighting the battle against cancer. Races will be held on Saturday, June 24th. The signature half marathon will take place in beautiful American Fork Canyon. Other events include a 10K, 5K, and a Kids Run, held at the Art Dye Park. Visit www.afcanyonrun.com to register.
Raising awareness about cancer screening and treatment options will save lives. Protect your health through getting a screening exam. Early detection is the key to a long and healthy life.
SelectHealth recognizes the community support from Intermountain Cancer Centers as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Time Out on the Field