Tennis & Tutoring
Nearly one in three children in the U.S. is overweight or obese and only one in three children is physically active every day. In Utah, 17% of children grades K through 12 care for themselves every day after school.
Tennis and Tutoring is an organization addressing both of these problems by encouraging youth to reach and exceed academic goals while maintaining a healthy lifestyle through sport. Dedicated staff and volunteers deliver free afterschool programs in Salt Lake County for students facing economic, academic, or social challenges. Deserving and motivated students are welcomed and supported through mentorship, tutoring, and professional tennis instruction.
Tennis and Tutoring invites all youth and their families to play tennis for free June 4, July 9, and August 6 from noon until 3 p.m. at the Liberty Park Tennis Center. It’s a great chance for families to get healthy together through this lifelong sport. Equipment and refreshments provided. Visit www.tennisandtutoring.org for more information.
SelectHealth recognizes the fitness and academic connection made by Tennis and Tutoring as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit