Tennis & Tutoring
Nearly one in three children in the U.S. is overweight or obese and only one in three children is physically active every day. In Utah, 17% of children grades K through 12 care for themselves every day after school.
Tennis and Tutoring is an organization addressing both of these problems by encouraging youth to reach and exceed academic goals while maintaining a healthy lifestyle through sport. Dedicated staff and volunteers deliver free afterschool programs in Salt Lake County for students facing economic, academic, or social challenges. Deserving and motivated students are welcomed and supported through mentorship, tutoring, and professional tennis instruction.
Tennis and Tutoring invites all youth and their families to play tennis for free June 4, July 9, and August 6 from noon until 3 p.m. at the Liberty Park Tennis Center. It’s a great chance for families to get healthy together through this lifelong sport. Equipment and refreshments provided. Visit www.tennisandtutoring.org for more information.
SelectHealth recognizes the fitness and academic connection made by Tennis and Tutoring as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished