Red Barn Farms
Red Barn Farms is a life-skills academy with a focus on addiction recovery and mental wellness, while providing transitional housing and jobs. They work specifically with individuals struggling with addiction and mental health challenges. Their focus is to use the skills developed on the farm to learn accountability and responsibility. Those on the farm spend time caring for animals, tending the gardens, and cultivating the greenhouse. Students gain the tools and confidence necessary to obtain and maintain employment and secure housing.
In Davis County last year there were more than eighteen thousand individuals diagnosed with a Substance Use Disorder.
At Red Barn Farms they teach their students how to live a recovery life-style and learn to become a productive member of society. They have group and individual workshops focused on setting and completing goals. Students’ families also attend the family group sessions, resulting in many more individuals benefiting from these services.
SelectHealth recognizes the valuable community resource from Red Barn Farms as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…