Labs for Liberty
The mission of Labs for Liberty is to provide custom trained service dogs for military veterans with PTSD, MST, and physical limitations. They seek to offer a non-clinical, naturally therapeutic respite for military families for the purpose of empowering them to reconnect and rejuvenate.
Their mission has a multifaceted approach when it comes to the veterans that they serve. Each dog is custom trained to each veteran’s needs to ensure the dog is performing the most important tasks to the best of the dogs’ abilities. Along with this, each veteran is trained to appropriately care for their service dog, empowering them to take pride in the care of their dog. In addition to the training that the veteran receives, they are also given a lifetime of follow up training or assistance when needed.
More than 20 veterans per year benefit directly from Labs for Liberty’s service. Not only does this help the veteran but also extends to the family members, friends, and communities of those veterans.
SelectHealth recognizes the lasting impact provided by Labs for Liberty as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter