The Foundation for Education for Generations
The Foundation for Education for Generations is a non-profit organization that helps the refugee community of Utah with education, health, and basic resources to create self-reliant and successful lives in their new communities. Their mission is to support and provide education for underprivileged families domestically and internationally to enhance their lives and opportunities.
One of their main focuses is health promotion. They work with refugee families to encourage them to seek preventive healthcare and provide medical funds to help them with the cost of dental care, eye exams and the purchase of eyeglasses. When adult refugees are learning English and having difficulty it is usually due to vision problems.
The Foundation for Education for Generations currently helps about twenty refugees a year with healthcare costs. Over one thousand refugees are resettled to Utah each year and the foundation believes that health and education are the keys to helping refugees adjust to their new environment.
SelectHealth recognizes the compassionate service provided by The Foundation for Education for Generations as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility