Utah Pride Center
For the past two years, the Utah Pride Center has offered the Support Group for Survivors of Suicide Attempts. Utah has one of the highest suicide rates in the nation and LGBTQ individuals have higher rates of suicide attempts than the general population. This is the only suicide prevention program in Utah meeting the specific needs of the LGBTQ community.
The support group provides an opportunity for individuals experiencing thoughts of suicide or self-harm to learn tools and strategies to help them stay alive. This therapeutic support group is free to all participants. In addition to the group, they often receive individual therapy with a therapist at the Utah Pride Center. Participants are encouraged to reach out to each other and people in their personal networks to decrease isolation and increase social support. For more information or to join the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org SelectHealth recognizes the valuable work provided by the Utah Pride Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse