Use Only as Directed
It’s no secret that addiction to prescription pain medications, also known as opioids, is an epidemic in Utah and across the nation. Use Only as Directed is an organization committed to changing the way we think about opioids with a three-part solution:
First, speak out by talking with your doctor or dentist before you take an opioid for pain as physical dependence to opioids can happen in just seven days.
Second, opt out by treating pain in other ways that are often more effective and have fewer risks and side effects.
Third, throw out and safely dispose of your unused or expired prescription opioids today. Friends and family members provide two-thirds of all the opioids misused and abused by Utahns. The Deseret News in partnership with SelectHealth are providing Take Back Bag included in their March 9th issue. To see all the drop box locations in Utah and to learn more visit UseOnlyAsDirected.org
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact provided by Use Only as Directed as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Pence says Trump was ‘wrong’ for dinner with Holocaust denier
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans