Use Only as Directed
It’s no secret that addiction to prescription pain medications, also known as opioids, is an epidemic in Utah and across the nation. Use Only as Directed is an organization committed to changing the way we think about opioids with a three-part solution:
First, speak out by talking with your doctor or dentist before you take an opioid for pain as physical dependence to opioids can happen in just seven days.
Second, opt out by treating pain in other ways that are often more effective and have fewer risks and side effects.
Third, throw out and safely dispose of your unused or expired prescription opioids today. Friends and family members provide two-thirds of all the opioids misused and abused by Utahns. The Deseret News in partnership with SelectHealth are providing Take Back Bag included in their March 9th issue. To see all the drop box locations in Utah and to learn more visit UseOnlyAsDirected.org
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact provided by Use Only as Directed as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy