Utah Afterschool Network
Every child in Utah deserves access to high quality afterschool programs, so over 100 practitioners, youth advocates, and state agency leaders came together to establish the Utah Afterschool Network. This organization is a catalyst for building strong, safe, and healthy afterschool and out-of-school programs to support youth, families, and communities.
Afterschool programs keep 57,000 of our kids safe, help working families, and improve academic achievement. The Utah Afterschool Network offers parents tips on how to recognize high-quality afterschool programs, how to support those services, and where to find them.
The Utah Afterschool Network is dedicated to ongoing quality improvement strategies to assist afterschool programs, at any state of development, to implement best practices and participate in relevant training. They offer cost-effective professional development workshops for afterschool professionals to ensure they are high quality programs that meet the needs of our diverse population.
SelectHealth recognizes the valuable community support provided by The Utah Afterschool Network as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says