Words from the War
Words from the War is dedicated to helping soldiers, veterans and their family members strengthen communication and learn to express their experiences through writing. Participants learn how to channel their ideas and begin the writing process that provides a cathartic and meaningful experience.
Traditional therapies do not work for everyone and some need alternative ways to heal. Writing is used to help veterans, and those close to them, examine anxieties that may seem unspeakable. Words from the War creates a community of support and provides an outlet through words to learn, grow, and heal emotional wounds.
Everyone has a story to share and this program aims to promote this by providing writing workshops at no cost. Participants spend time with fellow soldiers and veterans who have shared experiences and can help discover their voice. Their mission is that every person affected by any kind of trauma might have hope for a full and lasting recovery.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing support provided by Words from the War as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition