Words from the War
Words from the War is dedicated to helping soldiers, veterans and their family members strengthen communication and learn to express their experiences through writing. Participants learn how to channel their ideas and begin the writing process that provides a cathartic and meaningful experience.
Traditional therapies do not work for everyone and some need alternative ways to heal. Writing is used to help veterans, and those close to them, examine anxieties that may seem unspeakable. Words from the War creates a community of support and provides an outlet through words to learn, grow, and heal emotional wounds.
Everyone has a story to share and this program aims to promote this by providing writing workshops at no cost. Participants spend time with fellow soldiers and veterans who have shared experiences and can help discover their voice. Their mission is that every person affected by any kind of trauma might have hope for a full and lasting recovery.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing support provided by Words from the War as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen