Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Imagine your nightly routine; the kids have brushed their teeth, gotten their pajamas on, and now it’s time to slip into bed, under the covers. Now imagine the same nightly routine, but you tuck them in under a blanket on the floor instead. Children deserve a safe, comfortable place to lay their heads, but this is not available to every family. This is where Sleep in Heavenly Peace comes in, to provide beds, so that no child has to sleep on the floor.
Too many boys and girls go without a bed – or even a pillow- to sleep on. These children end up sleeping on couches, blankets, and floors. This can affect their happiness and their health. Sleep in Heavenly Peace uses local volunteers to build, assemble, and deliver quality bunk beds, and collect new mattresses and bedding for the children in need. There are so many ways to get involved and they are always looking for people who want to help.
SelectHealth recognizes the important community care provided by Sleep in Heavenly Peace as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful