UTAH GIVES BACK
Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Imagine your nightly routine; the kids have brushed their teeth, gotten their pajamas on, and now it’s time to slip into bed, under the covers. Now imagine the same nightly routine, but you tuck them in under a blanket on the floor instead. Children deserve a safe, comfortable place to lay their heads, but this is not available to every family. This is where Sleep in Heavenly Peace comes in, to provide beds, so that no child has to sleep on the floor.
Too many boys and girls go without a bed – or even a pillow- to sleep on. These children end up sleeping on couches, blankets, and floors. This can affect their happiness and their health. Sleep in Heavenly Peace uses local volunteers to build, assemble, and deliver quality bunk beds, and collect new mattresses and bedding for the children in need. There are so many ways to get involved and they are always looking for people who want to help.
SelectHealth recognizes the important community care provided by Sleep in Heavenly Peace as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Arrest made after three people killed in crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Ogden High School community reacts to active shooter hoax
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws