The streets of Salt Lake City will be opening up for a huge party to celebrate our community! Open Streets Salt Lake City is temporarily closing a few downtown streets to traffic and opening them to people, so you can walk, jog, bike, rollerblade, and dance through the streets lined with activities for your family to enjoy.
The goal is to promote community pride, local businesses, air quality, and physical activity, while encouraging the use of streets as a public space for the community to gather and share. This allows you to explore the city in a whole new way and to connect with your neighborhood.
There will be over 22 zones that will entertain everyone’s interest that include live music, giant jenga, face painting, spike ball, chess, a petting zoo, bounce houses, science experiments, art, and food trucks.
Open Streets will be on Saturday, May 5th from 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., so come, bring your family and friends, and join the celebration.
SelectHealth recognizes the community building efforts by Salt Lake City and its partners as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Suspect taken into custody after firing shots in Kearns
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash