Golden Spoke Event
The Wasatch Front Regional Council and partners invite you to participate in a group bike ride and family-friendly event to celebrate the completion of the Golden Spoke network. This network consists of over 100 miles of safe, separated, and connected multi-use trails, including the Ogden River Parkway, Denver and Rio Grande Western Rail Trail, Legacy Trail, Jordan River Trail, Murdock Canal Trail, and Provo River Parkway, and links Ogden and Provo.
This free event includes two simultaneous group bike rides, one begins at Rainbow Gardens in Ogden Canyon and travels south, while a second begins at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon and travels north. They converge in the center of the trails at the Jordan River Bridge in Salt Lake City. Community members can join at multiple points for a shorter ride, run, or walk.
The Golden Spoke Rides and Event are free, for more information visit GoldenSpokeUtah.org. The final celebration will be at Fisher Mansion at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 2.
SelectHealth recognizes the community connections provided by The Wasatch Front Regional Council as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City