Golden Spoke Event
The Wasatch Front Regional Council and partners invite you to participate in a group bike ride and family-friendly event to celebrate the completion of the Golden Spoke network. This network consists of over 100 miles of safe, separated, and connected multi-use trails, including the Ogden River Parkway, Denver and Rio Grande Western Rail Trail, Legacy Trail, Jordan River Trail, Murdock Canal Trail, and Provo River Parkway, and links Ogden and Provo.
This free event includes two simultaneous group bike rides, one begins at Rainbow Gardens in Ogden Canyon and travels south, while a second begins at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon and travels north. They converge in the center of the trails at the Jordan River Bridge in Salt Lake City. Community members can join at multiple points for a shorter ride, run, or walk.
The Golden Spoke Rides and Event are free, for more information visit GoldenSpokeUtah.org. The final celebration will be at Fisher Mansion at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 2.
SelectHealth recognizes the community connections provided by The Wasatch Front Regional Council as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case