Northern Utah Coalition
As of 2016 there were over 3,000 people diagnosed with HIV in Utah. Fortunately, there are resources out there to help those without access to healthcare screenings. The Northern Utah Coalition’s Wellness Program is an HIV/AIDS and HEP C intervention and prevention program that is designed to serve this population through advocacy, education, testing, and treatment in the Ogden-Weber communities.
At a time when no one was addressing this issue, they stepped up to prevent the spread of HIV. When someone is diagnosed they can feel alone because of the stigma, unaware of what steps to take, and have nowhere to go.
The Northern Utah Coalition opens their doors to provide a safe place where people can be treated with respect and compassion. The Coalition serves a client base that is multicultural and diverse with staff and volunteers that are trained to ensure quality of services and can help them find housing, food, transportation, and other basic needs.
SelectHealth recognizes the compassionate services provided by the Northern Utah Coalition as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- West Valley police searching for suspect in apartment stabbing
- Bill introduced to keep teacher salary increases on pace with inflation