Northern Utah Coalition
As of 2016 there were over 3,000 people diagnosed with HIV in Utah. Fortunately, there are resources out there to help those without access to healthcare screenings. The Northern Utah Coalition’s Wellness Program is an HIV/AIDS and HEP C intervention and prevention program that is designed to serve this population through advocacy, education, testing, and treatment in the Ogden-Weber communities.
At a time when no one was addressing this issue, they stepped up to prevent the spread of HIV. When someone is diagnosed they can feel alone because of the stigma, unaware of what steps to take, and have nowhere to go.
The Northern Utah Coalition opens their doors to provide a safe place where people can be treated with respect and compassion. The Coalition serves a client base that is multicultural and diverse with staff and volunteers that are trained to ensure quality of services and can help them find housing, food, transportation, and other basic needs.
SelectHealth recognizes the compassionate services provided by the Northern Utah Coalition as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday