To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise, “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan”, Salt Lake City Fisher House serves and honors America’s veterans. The house hosts up to 20 families, of all ages, while our veterans and military are receiving medical treatment at the VA Medical Center.
Their mission is to bring comfort, support, hope, and healing during a time that those families need it the most. The home features 20 private suites, each with its own bed and bath as well as a common kitchen, laundry facilities, and a living room with a library and toys for children.
We invite you to join us on November 8th as we serve with the VA Salt Lake Health Care system to help those staying at the home. If you’re unable to join us, please visit Fisher House Salt Lake City dot com and consider donating or providing in-kind donations.
SelectHealth recognizes the caring assistance provided by the Salt Lake City Fisher House as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon, doubts it ever flew over Utah
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land