Share a Smile
Did you know that your oral health offers clues about your overall health? Or that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Daily brushing and flossing keep bacteria in our mouths under control. But it’s hard to brush and floss when you’re not in a stable home. Those who are experiencing homelessness are much more likely to have dental problems.
Share a Smile in Utah Valley recognized this issue and provides free dental care to help those in need become employable again and move out of poverty. They operate through generous volunteer hours of local dental professionals to provide an invaluable service and restore their smiles.
The most unique feature of Share a Smile is that they focus on restoring teeth that can be saved instead of just pulling them. In exchange for this dental work they ask the patient to provide service hours so that they are working to earn it and not just receiving a hand out.
SelectHealth recognizes the quality dental care provided by Share a Smile as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults