Substance use disorders affect individuals and their families in three ways – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. At The Haven in Salt Lake City they address each of those components using therapeutic interventions and facilitation of emotional and spiritual wellness. They understand that recovery is an uphill battle and provide support to their clients using compassion, empathy, and encouragement to be self-supporting.
The Haven offers both residential treatment and sober living programs for men and women struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol. One of the unique qualities is the large community of alumni support. These are individuals who have participated in the program and are now living healthy lives in a program of recovery that can provide hope, inspiration, and dedication to sobriety to those currently living in the residential treatment program.
Their goal is to explore the underlying issues that lead to substance use dependence with a strong focus on dual diagnosis, treating not just these disorders, but mental illness as well.
SelectHealth recognizes the commitment to health provided by The Haven as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery