Substance use disorders affect individuals and their families in three ways – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. At The Haven in Salt Lake City they address each of those components using therapeutic interventions and facilitation of emotional and spiritual wellness. They understand that recovery is an uphill battle and provide support to their clients using compassion, empathy, and encouragement to be self-supporting.
The Haven offers both residential treatment and sober living programs for men and women struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol. One of the unique qualities is the large community of alumni support. These are individuals who have participated in the program and are now living healthy lives in a program of recovery that can provide hope, inspiration, and dedication to sobriety to those currently living in the residential treatment program.
Their goal is to explore the underlying issues that lead to substance use dependence with a strong focus on dual diagnosis, treating not just these disorders, but mental illness as well.
SelectHealth recognizes the commitment to health provided by The Haven as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- ‘I can’t do this’: Fort Myers Beach woman calls for help as Hurricane…
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge