Pedestrians injured, killed in 3 separate crashes
SALT LAKE CITY — It was a deadly Thursday on Utah roads. Two men were killed and a woman was critically injured in three separate accidents ranging from South Salt Lake to Sandy to Benjamin.
At last check, a woman was in extremely critical condition after she was hit by a car on state Route 147 at about 6400 south near Benjamin. The Utah Highway Patrol says she was in the road to put out her trash can Thursday night, and because it was dark at the time and she may have been wearing dark clothing and the driver did not see her.
Earlier that day a man was hit by a car and killed in Sandy near 104th South and Wasatch Boulevard. He was in a crosswalk. Police are looking into whether impairment or speed had anything to do with that crash. 44-year-old Fernando Cruz La Vana was pronounced dead on the scene.
In the last accident, a man walking on the Frontrunner tracks in South Salt Lake was hit and killed by a train Thursday afternoon around 2:30. Utah Transit Authority officials say 40-year-old Calvin Curley was walking on the tracks between the Salt Lake Central and Murray stations. He was here from Arizona and was here for work.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…