Brandon Cook, Venture High School
The following was submitted by Brandon McGeorge.
“I met Mr. Cook back in 2016, and since then he has been my favorite teacher I’ve had so far in my school career. It took some time to get to know him, as I was a sophomore. Being a sophomore meant I wasn’t the best at talking to people: I was really shy. But after having him as my Crew teacher the past 2 years, it has really opened my eyes to be more of the person I want to be thanks to him.
I have been taught by Cook in his drawing and painting classes, and it has been a blast. He is the most kind, helpful person I know at the school, and I don’t know where I would be without him. I have learned so many new things just because of him, and I don’t think that is going to change anytime soon. We have gotten to know each other more and more over the years, with our relationship as student and teacher growing stronger. He also listens well to his students with what they want to say, and we also like the same things. I find that I can talk to him about plenty of things on my mind. Whether its about the newest Marvel movie, or talking about getting my grades up. He has always been there for not just me, but all of his students. Heck, I tend to find myself in his room during lunch just hanging out and listening to 80’s music.
While we have a good time talking about art and other things, he also does his best to help me and other seniors with preparations for college. That is another key point that Cook is very special at: he makes situations more calm for students. He also welcomes all the new kids and freshmen into his class and our school, which can be a very stressful time for kids. If you couldn’t tell already, I am in high school and will be graduating this year. Having Mr. Cook there for me and all the students has made me more calm to the fact that I will be starting College for the first time next year. Like I said before, he and his family are one of the most nicest people I know, and I think Cook deserves this. I know there will be a lot of teachers being nominated, and Cook might not get it, but that’s okay. Even if he doesn’t win, I still vouch in saying that Mr. Cook is one of the best teachers a student can have. He makes sure to go out of his way to help everyone in need, while getting to know kids on a more relatable personal level, and that is one thing I will hold onto through to my journey to College.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…