Person of Interest identified in Ogden shooting
UPDATE 2/12, 1:15 PM: Police have identified 23-year-old Theron Farmer as a person of interest in the shooting of Eric and Kamron Johnson.
OGDEN — Police are investigating an Ogden shooting which took place Monday evening that left one person dead and one person injured, according to authorities.
Family members identified the boy killed as 18-year-old Kamron Johnson. His brother, 22-year-old Eric Johnson, was critically injured. The family says Kamron was dead when police arrived and Eric was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators say it happened near 860 West Lake Street around 5:30 P.M. Ogden Police say they do not have a suspect in custody yet, but do not believe there is any immediate danger to the public.
“This looks more like it was a targeted situation and not random,” Ogden Police Lt. Clint Christensen said.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings