Person of Interest identified in Ogden shooting
UPDATE 2/12, 1:15 PM: Police have identified 23-year-old Theron Farmer as a person of interest in the shooting of Eric and Kamron Johnson.
OGDEN — Police are investigating an Ogden shooting which took place Monday evening that left one person dead and one person injured, according to authorities.
Family members identified the boy killed as 18-year-old Kamron Johnson. His brother, 22-year-old Eric Johnson, was critically injured. The family says Kamron was dead when police arrived and Eric was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators say it happened near 860 West Lake Street around 5:30 P.M. Ogden Police say they do not have a suspect in custody yet, but do not believe there is any immediate danger to the public.
“This looks more like it was a targeted situation and not random,” Ogden Police Lt. Clint Christensen said.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- UPDATE: Police say no bomb found after threat and evacuation at East High School
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Two-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 creates heavy delays
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Mostly mountain snow expected this weekend through next week
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale