Second arrest in Ogden City homicide
Ogden City detectives arrested a second person on Friday in connection with the death of an 18-year-old earlier in the week.
The suspect, 28-year-old Daniel Viegas Gonzalez, was captured by Ogden City officers with the assistance of the Davis Metro SWAT team.
On Monday, Ogden City police officers responded to a report of a shooting on West Lake Street.
At the scene, police found two brothers had been attacked. Kamron Johnon was declared deceased. His brother, Eric Johnson, 20, was injured and transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police believe the victims were specifically targeted and were acquainted with the suspects.
The first suspect, Theron Farmer, 23, was taken into custody on Tuesday in an coordinated effort among Ogden City detectives, the Layton Police Department, and the Davis Metro SWAT team.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers