Childs scores 18 to lift BYU past Loyola Marymount 70-62
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Yoeli Childs had 18 points and five assists as BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 70-62 on Saturday.
Gavin Baxter had 13 points and seven rebounds for BYU (18-10, 10-3 West Coast Conference), which earned its fifth straight win. TJ Haws added 13 points and eight assists. Zac Seljaas had 12 points and six rebounds for the visitors.
James Batemon had 16 points for the Lions (17-10, 5-8). Joe Quintana added 14 points. Mattias Markusson had 10 points.
The Cougars improve to 2-0 against the Lions on the season. BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 67-49 on Feb. 2. BYU faces San Francisco at home on Thursday. Loyola Marymount plays Pacific on the road next Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead