LOS ANGELES (AP) — Yoeli Childs had 18 points and five assists as BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 70-62 on Saturday.
Gavin Baxter had 13 points and seven rebounds for BYU (18-10, 10-3 West Coast Conference), which earned its fifth straight win. TJ Haws added 13 points and eight assists. Zac Seljaas had 12 points and six rebounds for the visitors.
James Batemon had 16 points for the Lions (17-10, 5-8). Joe Quintana added 14 points. Mattias Markusson had 10 points.
The Cougars improve to 2-0 against the Lions on the season. BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 67-49 on Feb. 2. BYU faces San Francisco at home on Thursday. Loyola Marymount plays Pacific on the road next Saturday.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings