Childs scores 18 to lift BYU past Loyola Marymount 70-62
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Yoeli Childs had 18 points and five assists as BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 70-62 on Saturday.
Gavin Baxter had 13 points and seven rebounds for BYU (18-10, 10-3 West Coast Conference), which earned its fifth straight win. TJ Haws added 13 points and eight assists. Zac Seljaas had 12 points and six rebounds for the visitors.
James Batemon had 16 points for the Lions (17-10, 5-8). Joe Quintana added 14 points. Mattias Markusson had 10 points.
The Cougars improve to 2-0 against the Lions on the season. BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 67-49 on Feb. 2. BYU faces San Francisco at home on Thursday. Loyola Marymount plays Pacific on the road next Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages